Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Being The Hands And Feet!

So as many of you may remember, last year around this time I was preparing to go on my very first Missions trip, to Hermosillo, Mexico.   Last year, my dad told me  that I could only go on the trip if I was able to get all of the needed money on my own.  Me, being me I said 'Challenge Accepted!'  I made this post, and shared it on my Facebook wall.  But what I did not expect was to be blessed in the way that God blessed me.  I needed $375 for this trip, and God gave me that money in 2 days!  Yes, 2 days!  People were generous enough to donate even the smallest amount to help me out! :) I blogged about that here!

So this year, I am already being blessed in the same way.  A friend of my moms, generously gave $100 towards the money that I need this year, in order to go to Mexico in March!  My church is also going to take off $300 if I help out with outreach projects at my church!  So this coming Saturday I will be doing childcare, and that will help take the cost down! Which only leaves me $300 to raise!  Well now that my moms friend sponsored $100, it's only $200 :)  

If you would like to help me on my mission to be the hands a feet of Jesus, it would be greatly appreciated. :)    P.S I just stopped typing to go grab some links of older blog posts.  As I read through those posts, I was reminded, how blessed I was.  God provides when you are doing what He has called you to do.  He really does.

I'm oh so excited for this trip, I cannot hardly contain it!  I have been counting down the days, for weeks!  In case you were wondering, it's only 61 days till Mexico! ;)   My heart is ready to go back and bless those kids!  Although the language barrier was difficult last year, it wont be an issues this year!  Simply because I got the chance to go down to Hermosillo, in October of last year.  It was a small trip with my big brother, my big sister, and two of my best friends Kristian, and Ricky.  (Now before I go on about the language barrier here are some photos ;))




Now, when we went back down in October we spent 3 whole days with the kids.  We played all day long, and it was the best!  We were most certainly worn out, and exhausted but it was SO worth it!  The language barrier was a problem for about the first hour, but then it became a second nature to use the Spanish that we knew.  The kids would try and talk to us in English, and we would do the same in Spanish!  We laughed when we messed up, but overall there was a lot of showing that we cared about them, through our actions instead of words!  Beka, and I had the idea to bring down some items for the kids as a surprise!  We brought them sidewalk chalk, frisbees, and bubbles!  They loved them all!  Seeing them practice throwing the frisbee around was highly entertaining, but some of them were naturals!  They through it like they had been playing forever!  Juan Carlos, Lupita, and Nancy (Whom are some of the youngest at the orphanage.)  LOVED the bubbles!  They thought they were the best things ever!  They went through the bubbles very quickly! :)

I could go on for hours about how amazing the trip was, about the kids and their personalities, the way that Mexico has touched, and changed my heart for the better.  My heart is ready to go back! :) So I am praying that God will bless me with $200, so that I can be on my way back to those kids!  So if you feel led there is a "Chip-In" on the left side of the blog, where you can give to.  Remember there is no gift to small, it all helps me get closer to my goal. :)  Thank you in advanced for helping me out!

God Bless,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment