Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Jesús Mi Fiel Amigo

Recently while searching on Youtube for song that we did for VBS in Mexico, I came across a song.  The song is called 'Jesus Mi Fiel Amigo'  which means Jesus my faithful friend.  Although I had to translate most of the lyrics, it has become one of my most favorite songs to sing.  I noticed in Mexico that while worshiping, singing songs that I could not understand, and raising my hands with others whom I couldn't communicate with, I realized just how powerful worshiping God is.  Regardless of the launguage, and whether you can understand it or not, it's just the thought of worshiping God that matters.  I knew a few of the words to some of the songs, but ultimately it was just an eye opening heart changing time.  When I was truly able to praise God, and worship Him!

There was nothing around me that could distract me because everywhere I looked I saw God.  Being in a half finished building, with the children that don't have parents, and teens that were simply there at that time to surrender and serve God, it was like I was getting a small view at Gods heart, and how He saw the world.  Being able to completely and totally surrender my heart, and to truly ask Him to break my heart, for what breaks His, it's amazing.  

Here is the song, even though I'm sure most of you don't speak Spanish, take a few minutes and listen to it. :) 
(Yes, it's the kids VBS version! I can't help it, I just LOVE this stuff!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment