Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Little Did I know...

If you would have come to me 3 years ago, and asked me where I thought I would be in the years to come I can guarantee that my answer would not have been "Advocating, and loving on the least of these.".  I probably would have told you that  had no clue.  Or I would have said, I would be graduating, hanging out with friends, and living like every other teenager.  Little did I know that 3 years ago, on May 3rd that I would stumble upon a website, and precious little girl that would change my world forever.

I really would have never in a million years thought that I would have the heart that I do now.  I would have never thought that Adoption, Special needs, and the word 'redemption' would mean so much to me.  I would have never even guessed that at the age of 18, I can sit for ours and dream of the day when I myself, can adopt a child, that has been deemed unworthy of life, and show them love.

But God works in mysterious ways doesn't He?  Because of Reece's Rainbow, and their dedication to these kids and the families that step out in faith to rescue these kids, they have had a huge roll in changing my heart.  God used them, and their faithfulness, their trust in God, and their willingness to bless others, for more then they would have thought.  My heart has been flipped upside down, and has an understanding of what it means to truly love.

Adults tell me all the time, that I shouldn't have my heart set on things like adoption, at this age.  They seem to be so sure that my desires will change, that I wont want to rescue the kids that need it most.  As if it's a wast of my time, to help families rescue these kids since I can't yet.  But I know what God is calling me to do, I know where my heart is at, and I know that God is working in me now so that I can be prepared, (Or as prepared as you can be for international adoption.) for what He has planned for me.  I'm as aware as your can be, without actually going through an adoption, of the struggles.  I have watched many adoptions from beginning to end, I have prayed tirelessly for multiple families, and seen them struggle and beg God for a miracle.  I have seen God pull through with a miracle and I have also seen Him say, this is where your journey ends.  I am fully aware that it isn't easy, and that it's a huge deal.  But I also have a God that is bigger than all of that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, adoption, redemption, saving lives, advocating, praying, helping families, blessing others, it's all what God made me for.   I firmly believe that my main mission on earth is to live out James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless, is to look after orphans and widows in their distress, and not let ones self be polluted by the ways of the world."   I wont rest till every child has a family.

"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

No comments:

Post a Comment