Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Little Bits Made Big

With November 1st quickly approaching (1 day, 3 hours, and 38 minutes till Angel Tree Launch!!) and the excitement of Angel Tree arising I'm wrapping up my major fundraising for Pleven.  I want to be able to focus my efforts on my baby boy Charlie, as I committed to him first!  I am still doing small projects on the side for Pleven, to keep the need fresh in peoples minds, but I will be mainly focusing on Charlie Roo.  I recently asked my Facebook friends if they would be willing to collect change for Pleven with me, and many of them jumped right in and have began collecting their spare change for Pleven!

Kara H. and her beautiful family have this sweet jar collecting their spare change! :) 

I have a jar sitting on my desk that is about 1/4 of the way full with spare change, and my family has joined in on the fun too!  I have to say that I am thankful for willing, and generous hearts who want to help in the small ways.  I actually came across a Facebook post that fits these small actions perfectly.

"If you keep your "little", it will remain little.  But if you step into the exchange zone ready to offer what little you have to be used by God in moving the baton forward, your little will be multiplied as you run." 
-Christine Caine 

I can't even begin to express how true that is!  We often think that what we have to offer isn't enough, or is "too small", but God reminds us that no matter how big or small He can take it and make it into something miraculous!  So yes, even collecting a jar of loose change is benefiting the lives in Pleven and is getting us closer to our goal of $100,000! YOU are making a difference, and I think that is AMAZING!  If you would like to join us, grab a jar, can, container, box, anything really, and collect your loose change until it's full!

Another wonderful praise that I want to share with you is, the outcome of the t-shirt fundraiser! (Which is still up and running until November 1st, so be sure to grab your tee here: http://teespring.com/Pleven)  I jumped on TeeSpring today to check on the fundraiser, and see the total amount raised at this point, and was pleasantly surprised to see that *we* have raised $102 for Pleven!!  Yes, 12 T-shirts sold, and $102 raised!  I am so grateful for every single person who has bought a T-shirt, for every single person who has shared this fundraiser, for every single person who has prayed over Pleven, this fundraiser, and the hands that would help us reach this goal! I AM GRATEFUL.

I subtracted the $102 from the $100,000 and the new total that came about is $99,898!  WE are making progress, it may be tiny progress but we're closer than when we started!  Seeing that total drop brings me JOY, so much joy!  Please, know that I am thanking God for each of you!  I could not do this on my own!

If you are wanting to help raise this $99,898 but aren't sure how, please! Email me! or Facebook message me!  I would be so happy to hear from you, and share with you the different ways that YOU can benefit the lives in Pleven!

My email is linked on the right hand side bar of the blog, but I'll list it here too.
AlyssaGoodhue@hotmail.com

Again, I am thankful for every.single.one.of.you.  Whether you've been following my blog for years, or whether this is your first time reading.  You are the reason that I could ever even imagine raising $100,000.  You are all blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment