Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Aria's Angels

I may or may not be insane, but I can't not advocate for this little girl.   From the moment she was listed (literally the moment) till the late night when I found her in a database, I've been smitten.  Meet Aria, my sweet girl!  Miss Aria is 6 years old, and was born with Spina bifida, Hydrocephalus, cerebral palsy, deep mental delay, congenital deformity of the hip, congenital ptosis, optic nerve atrophy, iron and protein deficiency. Her Reece's Rainbow profile also states that she has spent a lot of time in the hospital, which just broke my heart into millions of tiny pieces.  Yes, that is quite the list but I promise you her sweet face (that I cried over for a good 30 minutes) will steal your heart away.



When I found her database photos from early 2012 my heart sank to my stomach, *how* could this be sweet Aria?  How could this gorgeous girl be living like this?  I just couldn't quite wrap my mind around it.  I messaged my best friend Kaitlyn with Aria's pictures, and just told Kaitlyn, over, and over, and over, "She needs to be seen, she needs out!  Oh Kaitlyn, I need help, we need to find her family!"  So, I began brainstorming trying to figure out what I could do to potentially find her family, and help raise her grant fund.  After many failed ideas I came up with Aria's Angels.  Aria's Angels is a project I've created to raise awareness for Aria, and raise her grant fund.  The first 5 people to donate $10 to Aria's grant (Found here: http://reecesrainbow.org/82060/aria), and forward/email their receipt to me (AlyssaGoodhue@hotmail.com)  will become a part of Aria's Angels, and I will mail you a necklace like the one below, for you to wear in honor of Aria.  Once a month you will have a chance to join Aria's Angels, and help find her family! (I chose once a month because necklace making supplies are pricey, and I'm also focusing on my Angel Tree boy Charlie.)



I need all the warriors I can get, because by myself I wont be able to save Aria, it takes a village. So, who wants to be the first to play a part in Aria's Angels? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment