Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Today...

Today when I was feeling really down, and wishing I weren't alive and breathing. I got to thinking that it is selfish for me to be thinking like that. It's like I am wishing away my future, my husband, kids, there is so much I am wishing away because of suffering that doesn't even come close to what Jesus Christ went through for me. A sinner in this world. (Not to say I shouldn't morn the loss of my little sister,But instead of letting it consume me make good out of it) My pain compared to His is like comparing a thorn in the foot, and loosing an arm...! I am going to try and be happy through the sadness and look to the future. Think about how happy my husband will be when he see's my smiling face on our wedding day. How happy our kids will be that I am alive and healthy and here to care for them. How happy people will be that I am here to be a friend. So many things to look forward to in life. Jesus, I love you...Thank you. You have opened my eyes. Made me happy, shot the devil down once again. You are truly one amazing savior.... <3

Love your, daughter Alyssa.


5 comments:

  1. Good girl, Alyssa. I don't know you, and I've no idea of your struggles, but I think you're dead on when you say the comparison of your struggles to what our Lord and Saviour went through for our souls is miniscule.

    Good to focus on the positive, hope in the future is a marvelous balm to a weary soul.

    You are not alone. Today my own counselor asked me a question I will now ask you: If you are gone, who will be YOU to those in your life? For me, who will mother my children? Who would love my Down's Syndrome son like I can and do? No one. Not for lack of want... my sisters would do a great job of caring for him, should I be gone. But no one would be his mom. There is no one quite like you, with your talents and your beauty, your love and your pain.

    You are needed, wanted, loved and important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a great question to ponder! You seem like an amazing person! My struggle is that I lost my little sister 3 days before she was supposed to be born. It was heart breaking. It has now been a month and a week since that day. And I am still torn to pieces.

    Alyssa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetie, I'm just a "real" person. Nothing amazing about me. :) You, with your obvious devotion to our Lord, are absolutely encouraging and a blessing to all whose lives you touch. I bet you don't even know the depth and reach of your touch and that's ok. Just know you are loved.

    I am so so sorry for your loss. I can see you are still heart broken, and as one who also has suffered horrendous loss in this life, I can empathize with you. A month? You're probably not even beginning to breathe again yet! Even a year from now you may be barely functioning in some ways. People on the outside may think you are but those of us who know that loss will understand.

    It took me three years to even begin to be able to actively work through the grief process. Just know you're not alone. It's been 10 years for me, for one loss, and about 12 for the other loss, and most days I function pretty well. :)

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard some days, but one thing I am great at is hiding the pain and depression! It feels like I am stuck in the week we lost Addison. Like I am going no where!

    I hate it! it's not pleasant at all. I wish there was some way I could make the pain go away. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how to make the pain go away but I do know it will fade over time.
    I sometimes have to remember that it is selfish of me to focus on MY PAIN, because it takes away from what I have to give to those who are left in my life, which I suppose for you would be siblings and parents, your future love and children, etc.

    I know it hurts. I'm sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete