Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Angel Tree Musings

This is my favorite time of year, when the weather gets cold, and leaves start to change colors.  Fall/Winter months are the best, in my opinion, because they're filled with family activities, Holidays, the celebration of Jesus' birth, it's just a beautiful time of year!  Not to mention that every advocate looks forward to these months because Angel Tree is such a fun fundraising experience, and it's amazing to watch advocates join together to shout, and plead for the waiting children who have stolen our hearts.

So far I have raise $141.77 for Charlie, and seeing how we're only 8 days into Angel Tree I'd say I'm doing good.  It's times like these when I really learn to lean on God, and trust Him because Lord knows I can't raise $1000 on my own!  So, I am most definitely excited to see what God has in-store for the coming days of Angel tree. :)

Today I received my 2014 Angel Tree Ornament with Charlie's picture on it, and I swear he just gets cuter!  I was ecstatic to hang it on my little mini Christmas Tree that is up in my room (Yes, I've already started decorating for Christmas!).  I actually purchased two of Charlie's ornaments, I plan to send the second one to his future mama, and papa for them to have as a treasure.



Charlie, turns two in December and I want to do something special.  I want to celebrate him, and his second birthday, but I also want to include his future family in some way.  I've thought about maybe writing a letter to his future family, or maybe having a small celebration of Charlie, and capturing the whole thing through pictures, I'm still undecided, but I think it would mean bunches to his future mama, and papa.

I'm excited for Angel Tree, I'm excited for Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for Charlie, and I'm thankful for every single person who takes the time to read through my blog posts. :)

I will be sharing some new fundraisers for Pleven soon, so pleae be sure to check back!

Want to help Charlie reach his Angel Tree goal?  Click through to this link: http://reecesrainbow.org/81243/charlie-2


No comments:

Post a Comment