Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Do You Remember?

Do you remember Abner? I blogged about him here, when I found out that he was soon to be transferred.  No, I don't come baring the news that he has a family, though I wish I could write that post.  I do however come with a new picture of Abner, that I promise will melt your heart.

Abner's profile: http://reecesrainbow.org/36175/abner

That face, his smile, do you have room in your heart for this little love?  Maybe, you're not his mama, but one of your friends is? I don't hold that kind of knowledge. But I do know that Abner matters and Abner is worth it.  Do you have it in you to love Abner?

"Abner is a happy little boy who does not speak but whose facial expressions are east to read.  Those expressions are generally of joy, especially when he is given love and attention. Occasionally I would see a different expression, one that would break my heart.  At 5 years old Abner is spending a lot of time in a wheelchair, unable to participate in playing with the kids around him, and the look of "I want to play too!" on his face broke my heart. When he had the opportunity to participate in playtime he always looked very happy and proud of himself.  This sweet little boy needs a family who will be able to help him reach his full potential!" - Update December 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment