Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

92 Valentines

Fighting for the lives in Pleven Orphanage, in Pleven, Blugaria is where my passion lies.  For the past year I've wanted nothing more than to change the current state of Pleven...but I am just one and I can't do much.  Last night after reading some terrible news about a former Pleven child (who is now loved more than anyone could ever, ever, imagine by an incredible family.) the passion and drive in my heart were forefront and not going anywhere anytime soon.  I sat at my desk and cried, I asked God what I was supposed to do about the situation in Pleven, and how in the world I was supposed to do anything at all.  I was out of ideas, heartbroken, in tears, feeling hopeless...but I didn't give up.

Valentines Day is coming up, some are planning special dates for their wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend, others may be eating heart shaped candies, and spending the night with Netflix (which is totally fine, cause that's what I'll be doing!).  But what if you could do something more for the holiday that revolves around love, hearts, and all that gushy stuff.  What if (now bare with me, this seemed like a great idea in my head lets just hope it's as successful as I'm praying it is!) you could donate a dollar amount in honor of a child still waiting in Pleven? There are 92 children in Pleven (the last I checked that is.), and there are 92 numbers on the chart below.  If this is intriguing you, and you want to know more....well keep reading.


Pick a number, and which ever number you choose is the dollar amount you'll donate towards Pleven in honor of a sweet child still waiting (Comment after you donate so I know the number has been claimed).  Example: Jane Doe picks the number 21, so she will donate $21 to the donation button labeled Pledges For Pleven on the right-hand side of the blog.  Make sense?  It's literally that easy, no joke!  I've seen people do this fund-raiser before, it's always been successful, and I'm hoping this fund-raiser is just as blessed as others.   Though, I do want to ask you to pray for the children in Pleven when you donate.  I don't have names of all 92 children in Pleven, though I know a few faces, and I would love to see Pleven, and the children in Pleven be lifted up in prayer as a result of this fund-raiser and God's beautiful hand in it all.   I'm sorry that I don't have a spectacular prize for you to win, but I really hope that you'll consider donating out of the generosity of your heart, in honor of a child who is still in Pleven.

Once all of the numbers have been donated, and this fund-raiser ends ALL FUNDS will be donated to The Pleven Project.  These funds will help fund psychologist to evaluate the kids, as well as build the Medical fund.


When someone claims a number, and donates I will cover that number with a heart so we can see which have been claimed.  I will do my best to update the chart as frequently as possible. :)


Thank you, in advanced for every single one of you who opens their hearts, and contributes to the change in Pleven, and for Pleven.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment