Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Today...Is A Joyous Day!

February 9th, 2011 a sweet girl caught my eye. 

Her name was Maya, and she had just arrived at New Day Foster Home in Beijing. 

They post this picture of her, and I instantly fell in love, from that day I prayed for her...Nonstop.




This little girl so fragile and sweet. 

The plan at the time, was they were going to nurse her back to health..

...so she was strong enough to have surgery.

She would then have her ENT surgery to fix her lip. 

Then next the plan was to find her a family. 


She was so sweet, and had the BEST smile. 

I shared any photo that they posted of her, I shared the updates, and silly things she did. 

I wished more than anything that she would be mine. 

I loved her so much. 


On May 20th, 2011 we recieved a not so pleasent update. 

One that actually broke my heart, and hurt so much. 

Maya....Had been diagnosed with a Wilms tumor.

Maya...had cancer. 


My friend had messaged me share this news.

Through out the months I was constantly getting in contact with her caretakers. 

I needed to know how she was doing. 

And surprisingly enough...Maya took those Chemo treatments as great as is humanly possible while fighting cancer.  

Every time they shared a picture or update, they always said she was "All Smiles!" 


My little super girl.  It was always good to hear those nice updates.

They made me smile. 

She fought that battle with cancer for almost exactly a year...

But today my friends... Is a joyous day! 

Why, you might ask? 

Because Maya was announced.....

CANCER FREE! 

Maya says that something to shout about, and I honestly agree with her! 


Praise the Lord, this little princess is on her way to a new life! 


2 comments: