Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

I Got Accepted!!!

Guess what?

I've been accepted into the 5 month long Children At Risk Discipleship Training School with Youth With A Mission!! I will get the opportunity to spend three months in Wylie, TX studying topics like: Having Jesus' Heart for The Poor and Needy, as well as having daily prayer times, and devotionals.  I'm so excited to have this opportunity to learn, grow, and build relationships with other believers.  I'm looking forward to God growing me, and pushing me outside my comfort zone to minister to others.

After the first three months, which is called the "Lecture Phase", my team and I will set out on the 2 month long "Outreach Phase" which will take place in another country.  I wont know which country until the first weeks of schooling, but I'm excited to pray along my other team mates and choose the country that God lays on our hearts! 3 Months away from my family, in another state, learning, growing, and being stretched in ways I never thought possible, 2 months with my team (by that time they'll be like family) in another country, new cultures, experiencing the things that break God's heart, seeing hard things, and being exhausted beyond belief, will be a very trying and life changing experience.

I'm looking forward to expanding my relationship with Christ, and my knowledge of the God that I serve.  He has a plan and purpose for everything, and I am excited to see what He has in store for me and what lessons He longs to teach me through this program.

I would like to invite you to pray for me and my future team, that God would prepare our hearts for all that we will be taught during this 5 month long program.  Pray that He would mold us into individuals that have a likeness to Him.  Pray for fiances, as this schooling program will total out to $8000, and though I am working to provide some of that money, I know that my part time job wont bring in the amount I need.  I know, that if this is where God wants me He will provide the money necessary to get me to this school.  But I am only human and still have worries and doubts, so prayer for peace and assurance would be gratefully accepted as well!

If you would like to support me financially you can do so through the Youcaring located on the right hand side of the blog named "Alyssa's YWAM DTS".  I am grateful for any and every amount that is given!  God can take any gift and multiply it, as long as we're ready to trust that He can do the impossible!

Cost Break Down:

Lecture Phase: $3450
This will cover my room, and board, meals, and DTS program related transportation during the school.  (I have a $350 housing deposit due August 19th that will be deducted from this number.)

Outreach Phase: $4000
This will cover airfare and any other fees that need to be paid while in another country.

Other Costs: $550 
This will cover things such as washing and drying close, and other expenses while in TX.


The first half of my fees are due upon arrival on September 18th, 2016.  The fees for my airfare are due over Thanksgiving, and the last portion of my fees are due on December 16th. While I have time to raise the last half of my fees, my goal is to have everything raised and ready to go before  my school starts. Only because I worry about everything under the sun and don't want to be panicked/worried during the schooling that I my not raise the last half of my fees and I also want to be able to focus fully on the tasks in front of me, instead of worrying about the financial side of things.  Make sense?

I am so excited to see what God has in store for me on this journey!  I really hope that you all will stick around to see the ways that God works through me to spread His love to others and transforms my heart to look a little more like His.  

With love, 
Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! That is really cool! I will try to buy a t shirt.. With Brandon's medical expenses money is a little tight but if I can I will.

    ReplyDelete