Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

How I See It.

So I suppose you have seen my previous posts that have mentioned modesty.  I wanted to share with you guys how I feel & view modesty.

My eyes were opened to this subject recently.  I don't remember, how but I know that I see it totally different now.  Before my eyes were opened, my mom would mention things about it to me & I would blow it off or make excuses.  I wanted nothing to do with dressing decently.  All I cared about was wearing things that made ME look good, & that I liked.  I never thought about the impact that it might have on others by the way I dressed.  I was selfish in that state of my life.  There was a video that my mom had shared with me a while ago that I watched & thought nothing of.  I blew it off as if it were fake, or irrelevant & had no purpose to me & my life.  But before I continue I would like you to take a few minutes & watch this video.




Yes, this is the video that I watched & blew off.  Now when I look back I wonder how did I manage to blow off the fact that my brothers in Christ struggle daily & I just make it 10x harder on them!  I am a stumbling block.  I am a temptation.  I decided to pull this video up the other day to watch it again.  I watched it multiple times that day.  There was a line that stuck out at me which was this "When I see a girl provocatively dressed I think to myself, that she doesn't even know that 101 guys are going to devour her in their minds today."  I cried when I heard that.  It really got to me.  I broke down & I knew that God was telling me to change.

Some of you may think of modesty how I used to, you may think that wearing modest shirts & longer short & no more low cut shirts is terrible.  Now yes it takes some getting used too.  But it's worth it, so worth it.  I  have found it fun making my self skirts & dressing differently!  I enjoy standing out, & having others stare at me as if I am insane because I am breaking the "norm".  That just gives you even more of a reason to hold your head high, put a smile on your face & walk through the store with total confidence.  Because you know that you are dressed modestly, you are beautiful, & are no longer a stumbling block for any young or older man!

When it gets tough & you think about giving up just remember YOU are making the Big Man happy.  You are pleasing to His eye.  That is all you will ever need is to know that you Made God....The all powerful, All knowing, creator of the universe happy.

What are your views on Modesty?


2 comments:

  1. I just wrote something on this recently on my blog and I enjoy the fact that you as a young woman have decided to care about your brothers in christ (my sons). I enjoyed the read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alyssa, I was just thinking that at the store its hard to find stuff that I am comfortable in & is modest but not making me look like an old lady. Its so hard for me to find a one piece swimsuit that I like & same thing with not feeling too old ladyish. I don't know how to sew or even know if I would wear something I made as I am so picky. Most of the shorts I have are right at the knee or slightly above since the camp I went to go pickier on the length but I have never had short shorts.

    ReplyDelete