Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Send Me Out!

Next Friday...11 days from today. I will be leaving for Mexico!  I will be driving to Mexico to spend a week with the orphans!  The amount of excitement inside of my "small" body is amazing!  I cannot wait to be able to connect with the orphans, to see who will attach to me, to have my heart changed tremendously!  What a great gift it is to be able so show love to these kids!   

The stories that I have heard, the amazing memories that my friends & brothers have from going down there.  I love hearing about the kids, & how the attach to you... My 2 older brothers & some friends taught a little girl anmed Elizabeth how to say "Wow"  that was probably the only English word she could say.  For the rest of the time they were there everything from her was "wow" :)  How funny is hat?  

One of the little girls absolutely LOVED Luke!  The pictures from these trips that I get to see are amazing! I cannot wait to be down there.  Ellyn & I have made flower hair clips for the girls & we have also made some "Te Amo" bracelets (Te Amo is "I love you" In spanish) That is part that I am most looking forward to is giving them those "Te Amo" bracelets & seeing there faces.  Seeing those kids understand that we do love them!  The only hard part of this trip will be leaving when the week is over...I am most certain I will cry.  I am gonna want to stay down there & never come back! 

Here are some pictures of the bracelets & Hair clips we have made!




"Amigo" means Friend.



"Bonita" means Beautiful.


"Te Amo" means "I Love You" 


& now the whole box of things we made! :)



1 comment:

  1. I will be praying that God shows you even more of His awesomeness while you are there. He has big plans for you! Praying for you and the children, and especially you as you have to leave them. :( God will have used you to touch their hearts forever though!

    ReplyDelete